Carpet Care & Maintenance
The following information is provided to answer frequently asked questions about carpet installations and maintenance. Please read this information carefully. If you have any additional questions, please call or e-mail us.
Immediately After Installation
Some shedding is common in new carpet. The loose fibers are easily removed through regular vacuuming. This condition will diminish after a few weeks or months depending on vacuum frequency. If carpet shows snags or sprouts, clip them with scissors. Do not pull them.
- Vacuum regularly. If you can, vacuum high-traffic areas two or three times a week, and vacuum other areas weekly.
- Move heavy furniture occasionally to avoid excessive pile crushing.
- Avoid prolonged periods of direct sunlight.
- Do not use chairs or appliances with wheels or rollers that are moved over the carpet unless you place a rubber mat under them.
- Vacuum regularly to keep soil from becoming embedded in carpet’s pile. Vacuuming is the best thing you can do to extend the useful good-looking life of your carpet.
- Spot clean the carpet as long as possible to forestall an overall carpet cleaning. Blot liquid spills quickly with a clean cloth or towel. Repeat as necessary before using a detergent or other cleaning solution.