Vinyl Care & Maintenance
The following information is provided to answer frequently asked questions about vinyl installations and maintenance. Please read this information carefully. If you have any additional questions, please call or e-mail us.
Immediately After Installation
- Keep traffic light during the first 24 hours so adhesive can dry properly. If floor has been seamed, avoid stepping on the seam sealer for 24 hours so it can dry undisturbed.
- Avoid scrubbing or washing the floor for at least three days after installation. Spot clean the floor, avoiding all seams. Clean any adhesive residue with a clean white cloth dampened with mineral spirits.
- Furniture should not be placed on the floor until the adhesive has had adequate time to dry (at least 24 hours).
- Always move heavy furniture and appliances with care to avoid gouging or tearing the floors.
- Always make sure furniture legs have large surface, non-staining floor protectors.
- Place mats at outside entrances to prevent dirt, grit, and soil from being tracked onto your floor. Use 100% latex-backed mats, because some rubber-backed mats or carpets may permanently stain your floor.
- Sweep or vacuum regularly to remove dirt and grit that can abrade, dull or scratch your new floor. Do not use a vacuum with a beater brush, because it may damage the floor’s surface.
- Occasional mopping with a resilient floor cleaner (follow directions closely). Avoid one-step “mop and polish” products, dish washing liquids, and oil-based cleaners. Also avoid cleaners that contain abrasives or solvents which may permanently damage your floor.